We will be accepting applications for our 2018 TRPS from 1 December 2017 and will continue to do so until 31 January 2018. Applications for training contracts can be made between 1 February 2018 and 31 July 2018. We recruit on a rolling basis for both so we advise you to make your application as early as possible.
1. Your application should be made via our online system.
2. You will be asked to write a covering letter and also to let us know about any positions of responsibility or achievements as well as your academic results and any work experience. To increase the strength of your application we suggest that your letter fully explains your motivation for law and why you have chosen our firm.
3. All applications are read by a member of the recruitment team
4. If we’re interested in taking your application further, we’ll invite you to take the Watson Glaser test, an online critical thinking psychometric test.
5. After you’ve taken the test your application will then be reviewed again and you can expect to hear from us within four weeks.
6. If you’re successful you’ll be invited to interview. For the TRPS you will have an interview with a partner and member of HR which will also include an in-tray prioritisation exercise. For the training contract you will be invited to an assessment day which will include a pitching exercise, a drafting exercise, an interview with a partner and a member of the graduate recruitment team, and lunch with current trainees.
7. You can expect to hear from us again within three weeks of your interview. If you’re unsuccessful, we’ll be happy to provide feedback.